Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Sewing Updates

Originally I wanted to keep this site Just completed sewing projects, but I love sewing so much that it seemed a shame to not share that love to a greater extent here!

I maintain another blog, my personal style blog, where I share my outfits and other musings related to fashion, art, and life. Although I feature my projects there too, I try to keep it less technical because I try to keep that site focused on fashion, and not sewing. That's what this is for!

So some updates:

1) I haven't made anything from scratch in almost two weeks. And unfortunately, my poor little sewing buddy, my Kenmore 385.19233 is sick! I'm going to take her to the doctor in the next couple days. I'm not exactly sure what is wrong with her, but the tension has been all off and the adjustment knob seems to be completely nonfunctional. I hope I can have this problem fixed as soon and as inexpensively as possible!

2) The last thing I made using Kay (my sewing machine), was this red skirt , which I made using a tutorial created by Ruby of Ruby Murray's Musings. This skirt was originally a pair of floaty pants (also known as culottes as I am told?) Awesome tutorial, awesome blogger and seamstress!

3) Since I am currently without a healthy, running sewing machine, I need to think of other ways to satisfy my need to create that do not involve sewing (I'm terrible at hand-sewing. That sounds criminal doesn't it? But it's true.) This is probably as good an excuse as any to try drafting new patterns and a sloper/pattern block. I'll let you know how that goes!

Happy crafting, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment