Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Wild (Open) Heart Dress


I'm so happy to share my latest dress! Inspired by Addie Marie and her simple yet genius video tutorial, I was able to create a dress featuring a heart cut-out detail. I have always wanted a heart cut-out dress, and thanks to Addie Marie, I was able to make one for myself!



open_heart_dress_detail 
 



open_heart_dress_back 
 
Details:

Fabric: $2/yd clearance fabric, approximately 2 yards
Notions: 16" zipper, fusible interfacing
Construction details:
  • Bust darts and back darts
  • Bodice back is lined
  • Heart circumference and facing are interfaced
  • Heart is top-stitched
  • Exposed front zipper
  • Invisible hem
  • Seam finishes: French seams and pinked seam allowances
The pattern is my own; the bodice is based on my Yellow Bow Dress pattern and the skirt has a gathered A-line silhouette. I'm pleased with this prototype, but I will still be making adjustments.

Comments always appreciated!

5 comments:

  1. this is fab! looks really proffesional

    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. And well executed! The heart cut-out keeps its shape brilliantly even when being worn. I am quite impressed. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh I am going crazy over this! love love love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dress is absolutely lovely, you must be so thrilled with it!!! I adore the heart cut-out detail <3 xxx

    ReplyDelete