Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Completed Project: Poppy Dress

For the Fourth of July, I wanted to make a dress in festive colors, so here it is! (I debuted it on my style blog on Monday.)

poppy_dress_front1

It's an update on this dress pattern:

tie_dress_1

I'm really proud of this piece! It's a simple design, but I'm really happy with the finishing (which is one of the trickiest parts about sewing, in my opinion). I'm not sure what a more experienced seamstress would say, but I'm so proud to say that this garment has no exposed raw edges!

poppy_dress_front2


poppy_dress_back

Specifics:

  • Fabric: cotton or cotton mix
  • Lining: cream muslin (fully lined)
  • Elasticized waist
  • Neckline casings for tie (black sash is from a purchased dress)
 Thank you for looking :)

4 comments:

  1. Dear lord, your dresses are too cute! I think the bow/wide sating ribbon straps just make the piece! (and you find the best fabrics!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jane! I gave you a blog award on my latest blog post!

    Shasie
    Blog Awards 5

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm completely in love with this poppy dress...

    ReplyDelete